Document MSC 1. MtScript/Bugs and limitations.
MtScript: Bugs and limitations
MtScript v1.1 is an alpha version still under development, distributed "as is" in order to solicit feedback and comments from potential users. It has (at least) the following limitations:
- when MtScript is invoked, it prevents other X events while the fonts are loaded; depending on the machine, this may take several seconds;
- the editing functions for languages written from right to left are still
under development; currently, multiple line input is not handled correctly: newlines
are pushed down, with the result that any new text is placed above preceding text instead of below;
- Copy, Cut and Paste editing functions do not carry the language attribute;
- the "compose" key does not work properly;
- the input modules for Chinese, Japanese and Korean are under development;
- the character font, size and style menus are under development;
- printing capabilities are under development;
- keyboarding rules are missing for many languages;
- a user-friendly description of language rules is not yet available;
- MtScript does not yet enable saving an SGML version of the texts.
You can contribute to the development of MtScript by reporting installation difficulties and bugs, and by sending suggestions for additional features, patches, and/or extensions to email@example.com. If you have expertise in languages for which rules are missing, we would appreciate your help in writing these rules.
Your feedback and contribution are most welcome!
| MtScript home page
Copyright © Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, 1996.